Every task can have any count of forms. Form is set of data fields, what can be simple text boxes, dropdowns or even complex objects, like tables.
You can configure forms from settings - forms. This dialog contains two columns: left one contains list of forms, and right one details for currently selected form.
Forms have following properties:
- Form name - is used everywhere in user interface, tab titles and lists
- External ID - used for API calls, if you plan to add tasks via API later, and for document editor data structure.
- default - if enabled, it gets added to new tasks automatically. It goes only for tasks without types, because of task type defines, what forms are included to task.
- show inline - if enabled, form data is integrated to first page of task, not shown in separate tabs
- signable - after filling form, you have to fill signature, otherwise you cannot complete task
After setting up form name, you can add form fields.
Every form field has following attributes:
- field name - this is shown in task as description of that field
- external ID - it's necessary for API calls, and document editor, also link to table form
type - shows, what kind of data this field can contain.
- text field - simple text field on one row
- number field - just numbers 0-9
- text area - text field on multiple rows
- drop-down menu - with multiple choices. You have to use values field, what specifies possible values for that type.
- checkbox - for 0/1 values
- drop-down with value -
- web link - like text, but content of this is considered as web link. Usually it's readonly in one of two possible views
- date selector - allows to pick date
- time selector - allows to pick time
- date and time selector - allows to pick date and time
- hidden - you cannot see that field, but it will be kept together with task. Usually it's for API purposes, or if you want to hide old form field without losing already collected history, or deleting that form field is impossible, because of it is used in hundreds of old tasks.
- barcode - contains bar code
- table - together with external ID links to another form, what rows are considered as table rows. See subtopic below.
- values - lists possible values for that field, if you're using dropdown type. Separate different values with semicolons, like value1;value2;value3.
- width - limits field width to this value
desktop - sets, what permissions are for that field, when you login to desktop web app
- editable - you can change its content in desktop app
- read only - you can only read its content in desktop app
- required - you cannot leave this field empty to complete task
- hidden - you cannot see this field in desktop
mobile - sets, what permissions apply for that field in mobile app, or mobile browser
- editable - you can change its content in mobile app
- read only - you can just see its content in mobile app
- required - you must fill this field to complete task in mobile app
- hidden - you cannot see this field in mobile app