Purposes of the KPI module
KPI (Key Performance Indicator) is a quantifiable metric that reflects how well an organization is achieving its stated goals and objectives.
Ecofleet KPI module enables to monitor organization’s most important indicators (such as fuel usage, driving distance etc.) and get a good and quick overview of them. It is much more easier and effective than observing and comparing the reports data.
In order to configure a new KPI choose:
- KPI type (what is the indicator you would like to receive the data about)
- Period (day, week, month)
- Calculation method (sum, average, maximum, minimum)
- Quantifiable minimum and maximum ranges (A - good result; C - bad result)
- Vehicles that are being observed (all vehicles, vehicles by groups, individual vehicles).
Using the KPI module
KPI positions in module can easily been changed by simply dragging and dropping them. Refresh button at the upper right corner above the main view refreshes the data.
When you open the KPI vehicles and a graph are being displayed (the time range is always 3 months whichever period is set for measuring). If you only wish to view the best/worst you can easily exclude the average by checking the box “Show only best/worst”.
The KPI data usually comes from the reports, but there are some exceptions in which case data of other modules can be used. These KPI’s need to be configured separately (for example Setting -> Events). In that case number of events or events per 100 km (e/100km) can be measured.
To configure an event-based KPI you also have to set the observable event rule.
Purposes of the Assets module
Ecofleet Assets module enables to keep an eye on organization’s inventory and track the individual items.
Special tag that can be monitored by the gps device is installed into the inventory item. One item can have several tags (barcode, different security devices etc.)
Contents of the Assets view
The right side of the screen displays the Map. The left side of the screen displays a list of defined assets.
For each asset the following columns can be displayed (generally, you will have only some of them visible):
- Status (OK, In Use, Missing, Lost, Defect)
- Depot (home depot of the asset)
- Groups (assets can be grouped for a better overview. One asset can belong to several groups)
- Tag numbers
- Last update
- Responsible (person who is responsible of this asset) etc.
In order to add a new asset choose:
- Add new (“Create new asset” window will open)
- Insert the required data of the asset:
- Serial number (default manufacturer's number)
- Groups (you can add as many groups as necessary simply by clicking “Add” next to the Groups field. Groups can have different colors for simplify the map view.)
- Tag numbers
- Next service
To edit the asset click on the asset on the assets list.
You can change it’s status. Asset location can be added by typing the address or by marking on the map with a pin:
Asset with a changed status displayed on the map:
Images -You can also add a picture of as asset by clicking the Images tab -> Add new.
Log - shows the actions summary (who did what and when).
Companies may have their assets listed in some other software (for example Excel). To prevent inserting the data over and over again it is possible to extract the data from the 3rd part software to *.csv-file and easily import this file to Ecofleet. NB! the file has to be in UTF-8 format.
By selecting Import on Assets toolbar the importing window will open:
It is important to notice that the column headers (first row of the .csv-file) have to remain in english and be presented exactly as following:
- Status (OK; In Use; Missing; Lost; Defect). If column exists but the value is not among ours, set the status to “OK”.
- Groups - comma-separated list
- TagNumbers - comma-separated list
- NextService - in YYYY-MM-DD format
- Depot - has to match the exact name in Areas, otherwise the relation is not imported.
- ResponsiblePerson - has to match the exact name OR email under People, otherwise the relation is not imported.
After the import it is possible to edit every asset individually (add picture, change status etc.)