The Vehicles module is accessed by clicking the Vehicles button on the Ecofleet bar.
Purposes of the Vehicles module
- Its main purpose is to give the latest information on vehicles.
- The list of the vehicles can be used to navigate the map.
- The history of vehicle movements (track) can be viewed.
The left panel in the Vehicles module will display a list of all your vehicles. The right panel will display the map.
The following columns can be displayed for each vehicle. Generally, you will have only some of them visible.
- Vehicle column includes the name and current location of the vehicle. If the location is within an area that has Sets address checked, the name of the area is displayed. Otherwise, the address info is displayed.
- The Driver column displays the name of the driver assigned to the vehicle
- The Plate column displays information on the number plate of the vehicle.
- The Groups column displays the vehicle groups.
- The Speed column displays the current speed of the vehicle.
- The Fuel column displays how much fuel the vehicle has left.
- The Availability column displays whether the vehicle is currently available.
- The Time column displays how old the current data is.
Searching and filtering
The vehicle list can be filtered and searched by vehicle name and groups.
For example. Groups "Region" (that contains sub groups "Tallinn, "Tartu", "Pärnu") and "type" (that contains sub groups "van, "truck", "car") are set for a vehicles in Settings > Vehicle groups. By selecting groups "Tallinn" and "van" all the vans that have a region Tallinn are filtered out.
By adding one more region (i.e. "Tartu") vans from Tallinn and Tartu both are found.
Technically speaking the filtering inside one category is expanding ("or") and between the categories narrowing ("and"): (Region: Tartu OR Region: Tallinn) AND (Type: van).
Show or hide from map
The vehicles may be removed or re-added to the map by unchecking or re-checking the checkbox in front of the name.
Fit to screen
The Fit to screen button will resize the map to display all vehicles that are "shown" (checked in the Vehicles list) on the map.
The Location button will zoom in on the vehicle selected in the list.
button will open a smaller map in part of the screen used by the vehicle list. The small map will always focus on the vehicle selected in the vehicle list. This allows for a quick overview of where any vehicle is.
List options button
Clicking the List options button () will open a menu with several options. Right-clicking an item in the Vehicles list is another way to open the same menu.
- Open trips will open the Trips module for the selected period.
- Open journal will open the Journal module for the selected period.
The Track feature allows you to view the trail of the vehicle throughout a certain period. Track can be viewed on the map and also as an animation. Once Track has been generated (a time period selected), it can be navigated by clicking on the bar. You can have several Tracks generated at the same time. Several Tracks are displayed as separate tabs.
The track can be re-played by clicking on Play in the lower left corner of the screen.
You can change the playback speed, adjust the map view, view the entire track, find the location of a track point and display detailed information about each of track points. You can also determine travelling speed of the vehicle, the remaining amount of fuel in the tank, the distance from the beginning of the track and the location (including the address) of the selected track point. Track points can be selected in the map, in the graph or in the table view (click the Track points button in the lower right corner of the screen).
Track points can be filtered. This is useful when you want to find the locations where the vehicle exceeded the speed limit. In order to do that open the table of track points (button below, on the right) and enter the filter field with a simple mathematical operation – f. e. Speed > 90. After enter, only entries with speed over 90 km/h remain in the table. When you select an entry, the specified location will show on the map.
Ecofleet enables you to have a detailed summary of resource usage.
In order to have the summary:
- pick a vehicle (in a module main window)
- choose the desired time range
- press “Open track”
The track is displayed on the map. Clicking the “Summary”-button on the track bar opens a window where you can specify the time period you wish to have the data for:
After confirming your selection by pressing the “OK”-button, distance, fuel usage, working time etc. with number values are displayed. You can print the list with the summary or create a pdf-file of it (buttons in the lower right corner of the window). Map of the track will also be attached to the file.
If a Track has been generated, the Display stops button () will appear on top of the map. Stops are displayed as floating text (time period) on the map indicating periods of the track where the vehicle was not moving.
- Double-clicking the vehicle on the list locates the vehicle on the map (identical to the Location button).
- Right-clicking the vehicle on the list shows the More menu, similar to the More button as described above.