Ecofleet Tasks module enables to create tasks for drivers during 24h period of time and easily manage these tasks afterwards. By clicking Tasks module following tabs will open:
On this field new tasks can be added (add new task). It is also possible to go back in time (by using the calendar tool) and browse the task history. In tasks window all the planned (have a driver) and unplanned tasks (doesn’t have a driver yet) are displayed. Unplanned tasks are shown on the upper part of the window, planned tasks on the lower part.
Menu bar on the lower part of the field allows to:
- delete the task
- create PDF-file of the task
- print the task
- attach files to the task that are visible on mobile device
- edit as new - allows to convert the data from the current task to a new one
Tasks having / not having a specific driver divides them into two groups:
Tasks that don’t have a driver chosen but do have a task time set are displayed here. Assigning an unplanned task to a specific driver is described in a chapter “Editing the task list” below.
Tasks that are assigned to a specific driver are displayed here. Fields (name, address, time, status) - enables to sort the tasks alphabetically and according to these fields group them.
For a better overview the statuses of the tasks have different colors:
- todo - black
- in progress - blue
- failed - red
- done - green
Additional fields in list (tabs):
- Duration (in minutes)
- Photos - number of photos
- Forms - number of forms
- Custom forms - form names
- C - comment count
- Signatures - number of signatures - how many are given / should be given
- Dash (-) - Visual time axis that shows the beginning and the end of a working day (and all the tasks in between). On a diagram like this all the brakes during a day are well-shown. The color of a dash represents the task status. NB! Tasks have to have the duration set in order to to the diagram!
Example. The driver has many tasks in the morning and in the evening. The longer brake during lunch-time (12:30-14:00) is easy to notice.
Buttons on the lower part of the tasks window:
- fit to screen - all the tasks of the current day are displayed and fit to screen at the same time.
- zoom - enables to see the location of a task (selected from the task list) on the map.
- open - opens the task (selected from the task list) in a new window.
It is also possible to create a PDF-file from the task; export the task to excel; print the task.
List options button that helps to hide the unnecessary information:
- hide vacant drivers - hides drivers with no tasks on current day. For example when only 50 drivers out of 100 are working.
- hide completed tasks - good to use when a driver has many tasks during a day and info about already completed tasks would disturb having an overview.
- disable task notifications - good to use when tasks have many status changes and they could disturb the driver.
Companies using Ecofleet for task management may have the data about the tasks already described in some other software. To prevent inserting the data over and over again it is possible to extract the data from the 3rd part software to *.csv file and easily import this file to Ecofleet. NB! the file has to be in UTF-8 format.
By selecting Import on unplanned tasks toolbar the importing window will open. It is important to notice that the column headers (first row of the .cvs-file) have to remain in english and be presented exactly as following:
If latitude+longitude is missing and address exists, longitude value is geocoded.
|Timestamp (required)||Timestamp||2014-04-04 12:00:00+0200 2014-04-04 12:00:00 2014-04-04||If timezone is missing, organization timezone is used. If time is missing, 00:00:00 is used.|
|TaskName (required)||string||"any text"|
|Address||string||Tiigi 35, Tartu, Estonia||If address is missing and latitude+longitude exist, address is reverse geocoded from coordinates.|
|Latitude||float||If latitude+longitude is missing and address exists, latitude value is geocoded.|
|TimeWindowBeginTime||timestamp||2014-04-04 12:00:00+0200 2014-04-04 12:00:00 2014-04-04||If timezone is missing, organization timezone is used. If time is missing, 00:00:00 is used.|
|TimeWindowEndTime||timestamp||2014-04-04 12:00:00+0200 2014-04-04 12:00:00 2014-04-04||If timezone is missing, organization timezone is used. If time is missing, 23:59:59 is used.|
|PersonKey||string||"38201058999"||If missing, person is found via Name.|
|ServiceTime||number||60||Task duration in minutes.|
Connecting tasks and customers
If the company already has it’s customers base in Ecofleet system, it is easy to connect tasks to customers during the import.
Add to the tasks import .csv-file additional fields named customerId and/or customerName. Field “customerId” is compared to customers filed that is set to “ID” in Settings -> Customers. CustomerName field is accordingly compared to customers field set to "Name".
Imported task will automatically be attached to the customer that has the same ID or name. At least one of them (ID or name) has to match. Customer’s address (if it is previously geocoded) is also being set as task’s address.
Editing the task list
Unplanned task can easily be dragged (from the upper box) to a specific driver in a lower box of the tasks field.
Right mouse-click holds next features (for both unplanned and planned tasks):
- assign task to person
- set task status
Also see the chapter “Creating and managing tasks” below.
Creating and managing tasks
To edit the task make a right mouse click on the task and select “Open”. You can also select “Open” from the bottom menu bar.
To add a new task select “add new task”. A pop-up window will open where you can fill in following fields:
Task name - you can type the name or select it from predefined ones that are previously described in settings->categories->trip types.
Client - from the 3rd character the system will search from the client database. When the client is selected the system will set the location automatically by the selected client.
Address - can be added in 3 different ways:
- by client - if there is a client selected already the address will be displayed automatically (based on a clients address) on the address field.
- through address search - while typing the address the system will also suggest similar addresses.
- mouse click on the map - it is also possible to directly mark the location on the map by using the pin on the right side of the field.
- Due date
- Form(s) - can be added for drivers to fill in.
Button bar on the bottom left side enables to:
- delete the task
- create PDF-file of the task
- print the task
- add an attachment to the task
- edit the task as new
Action log - enables to sort the tasks alphabetically based on the following parameters:
- Loc - shows the location of the activity (when using the mobile device). This helps to track whether the task is completed where it was supposed to be.
Mouse click on a photo will open it in a big pop-up window. It is also possible to download and print the photos.
On this field nothing can be changed. The field is visible when the task is connected to a specific customer. The customer can import his own client base and set the fields that are visible on mobile device.
Here the forms previously set for filling in will appear (also see the chapter “Task forms”).
This field enables to sort the tasks and observe all the task-related actions (for example the status changes). Also track which tasks in what order are committed by drivers.
Timeline dialog box has the following tabs:
- Task name
Enables to search the tasks by different parameters (drivers name, task description, period etc.) during a longer period of time.
Task forms are useful for companies to configure only these fields that are necessary for drivers to fill in (considering the companies specification and business logic).
In order to add and configure task forms select Settings -> Forms from the modules toolbar.
Form parameters (on the left):
- Form name
- Default- will be added to form automatically
- Show inline - brings the form fields into main window of the task.
- signable - whether assigning a form in a mobile device is required.
Example. How the form (Netroo) and it’s fields are presented in the main task window when the parameter “show inline” is selected.
Form fields (on the right):
- textfield - allows to insert 1 row of text.
- numberfield- on a mobile device numpad is offered.
- text area - allows to insert several rows of text.
- dropdown- allows to select one of many. Possible values are separated with a semicolon on a values field.
- multiselect - allows to select many of many. Possible values are separated with a semicolon on a values field.
- checkbox - for yes/no answers
- dropdown with value - for describing materials (for example if the technician wishes to put down how much/ what kind of material was used for committing the task). Possible dropdown values are separated with a semicolon on a values field.
- web link - link to a web site. Web link can be entered either address only (for example ecofleet.com) or with protocol prefix (for example http://ecofleet.com).
Example. Layout of the task window when drop-down menu is set as a field type and the values are “1,2;3;4;5”
Example. Layout of the task window when multiselect is set as a field type and the values are “karbik; juhe; pistik; pesa”
Example. Layout of the task window when dropdown with value is set as a field type and the values are “cable; plug; router; time”
- Read only - displays, but changes are not allowed. To be sure that users won’t change anything on their own.
- Editable - possible to fill in when needed.
- Required - for completing the task/form has to be filled in.
Roles connected to the Tasks module
You can add following extra rights to the user in Settings -> Roles:
- whether the tasks module is visible and usable to the driver
- whether the driver can add and change current tasks
- whether the driver can manage other users tasks
- whether the driver can change the task forms
- whether the driver can delete the tasks etc.