The Trips module allows you to review trips, the segments of the journey of a vehicle from one location to another. The Trips module is accessed by clicking the Trips button on the Ecofleet bar.
Purposes of the Trips module
- Displays the journey of a vehicle divided by locations where the vehicles spent at least some time.
- Trips may be transferred to Journal module, where they can be prepared for presentation to tax authorities.
The left side of the Trips view displays:
- buttons for time and vehicle selection
- a checkbox to filter out all trips that have been entered into journal
- a text box to filter trips matching a route
- trips that match the selection are listed below.
The right side of the Trips view displays:
- details about the trip selected on the left side: the starting and ending time for the trip, length, duration, average and maximum speed
- a small map of the track for the selected trip.
Principles of trip generation
Ecofleet generates trips based on the following principles:
- A trip starts if the ignition system for a vehicle is switched on and
- ignition is kept on for at least a minute or
- the vehicle moves for at least 50 meters.
- A trip ends if the ignition is switched off and is not switched on for a minute.
- Additionally, a trip ends if the car stops for at least 10 minutes, even if the ignition is not turned off. If the trip is ended this way, a new trip will start if the car moves at least 50 meters.
The Trips data may not be modified or erased by the user.
Transferring trips into the journal
When you are inserting a trip and it's driver into the journal manually, the system will make a pre-selection when choosing a driver as following:
- If the trip already has a driver (according to device data), this driver will be suggested.
- If the user is a driver himself, this user's name will be suggested.
- If the vehicle has a default driver, this driver will be suggested.
There are three options to transfer trips to journal:
Transferring a single trip into the journal
In order to enter a single trip into the journal, you must do as follows:
- In the trips view, select the trip you want to be entered into the journal.
- Click one of the two buttons in the lower right corner of the screen – Add as business or Add as private, depending on the type of the trip.
If you marked the trip as "business", another small window will pop up. Add a description of the the trip.
If you marked the trip as "private", no description is required.
Transferring multiple consecutive trips into the journal
In order to enter multiple trips into the journal as a single entry, you must do as follows:
- Tick the checkboxes in front of the consecutive trips you want to add into the journal as a single entry.
A window will pop up on which you will have to specify the purpose of the trip (private or business). If it is a business trip, you will also have to provide the description of the trip.
This option speeds up trip transfer, however it is only available for consecutive trips.
Transferring multiple private trips into the journal
In order to enter multiple private trips into the journal at the same time, do as follows:
- Tick the checkboxes in front of the trips you want to select (the trips need not be consecutive).
SeeMe will enter all the selected trips into the journal as private trips.
This option speeds up private trip transfer and does not require the trips to be consecutive. However, it is not available for business trips, since these need a description.